How to change the File or Folder permissions using Plesk Windows ?
To change the permission on the files and folder please follow the following steps :-
1. Login to Plesk control panel using the URLÂ http://win1.plreseller.com:8880 (replace win1.plreseller.com with your domain name)
2. Click on the domain name for which you want to change the permission.
3. Click on the File Manager icon, You will see a few folders like private,
httpdocs,httpsdocs.These are baseÂ folders and if you need to give
permissions to any of these as a whole, you need to submit a support
4) Click on the httpdocs folder.You will mostly need to set permission for the
files/folders inside the httpdocs folder, which is the root folder of your
5) Decide the file/folder you want to set permission,and towards the right side of that
you will see a 'lock' symbol, Click on that.
6) You'll see a list of Group or user names (like those listed in the follow bullets)
and towards the right side of that you'll see permissions for that user:-
C) Plesk Domain User_(number)
E) Plesk IIS User (IUSR_number)
F) Plesk IIS WP User (IWPD_number)
7) This is where you need to set permissions.
a) For php scripts add MODIFY to your IUSR_account
b) For asp: add MODIFY to your IWPD_account
c) For asp.net: ItÂ will run under your IWPD_account by default unless you have
impersonation enabled in your web.config (which you should use if using
asp.net), in which case it will impersonate the IUSR_account - add
MODIFY to the appropriate account.
d) For access databases(.mdb files), you might need to give write/modify
permission to the file/folder depending on the scripting technology that you're
using as given above.
8) Setting up Access Permissions :-
a) Allow inheritable permissions from the parent to propagate to this object and
all child objects. Include these with entries explicitly defined here --> This check
box will allow you to inherit the permission to child objects from the parent folder.
b) Replace permission entries on all child objects with entries shown here that apply
to child objects. -> This will propagate the permission from the current folder to
the child folders
9. Click onÂ Advanced Options for changing the permissions to allow/deny a
user.(For advanced users only)
10) Click OK to save the change after every action.
Was this answer helpful?
1. Login to Plesk Panel2. Click "Websites and Domains"3. Click "Show More" at bottom to display...
You can change ftp password of Windows Server through client area login and through plesk...
To configure Plesk's web server to show your custom error pages: Check whether custom error...