This is a relatively new feature in Outlook which can cause errors with setting up a new email account within the app. When you disable it, the normal account creation wizard replaces it by default.
To disable the simplified account creation wizard, you’ll need to edit the registry files on your computer:
- Hold down the Windows and R keys on your keyboard at the same time to launch the Run application.
- Type in Regedit and click on OK.
- The Registry Editor will open. Use the pane on the left. By clicking on the down arrow symbol next to the name of a folder, you can navigate to the following path:
- From the Edit menu, click on New then choose DWORD Value (32-bit).
- Name this new value DisableOffice365SimplifiedAccountCreation.
- Double click on the value. Set the Value data to 1 and press OK.
- Close the Registry Editor and restart Outlook.
We hope that you were able to fix the 'We couldn't create the Outlook data file' error in Outlook. Enjoy your additional email accounts and use Outlook’s powerful features to keep all of your inboxes safe and organized!